|The 2019 season is coming to a close quickly. Just a little over a month away, so here are some critical dates and activities so you can plan the rest of your season;
· The last day of barge operations is Sunday, 10/27, with the last run from the island at 6:45 PM
· Any trash/garbage that you put out that weekend will be picked up on Monday, 10/28,
· Weather permitting, we will be taking the barge offline and moving it into the channel Saturday 11/2. The backup date will be Sunday, 11/3. Those helping need to arrive at the Mainland Landing by 10 AM, EST.
· If the weather is problematic that weekend or we have issues with our work, we would reschedule to Saturday 11/9 and if necessary Sunday 11/10. Same time as previous weekend.
Several islanders who have helped in previous years have already committed to helping this year. More volunteers are needed. We will need approximately 12 people – 3 on the barge, 4 on the channel (2 on each side), 2 people in boats (to help guide us into the channel- I believe it would be best to have 2 fishing boats), and 2 to 3 to reattach the cable, after removing it from the barge.
Please let me know if you are available to assist in taking the barge off-cable on one or both of these weekends.
Kevin Douglas, email@example.com
5/25/19 — Annual June membership information meeting will be held on Saturday, June 22nd; 10 AM at Koranda’s (Cottage #7)
5/23/19: Garbage pickup dates added to the Calendar page.
Cookbooks are in and will be available on the island. Sellers are:
- Linda Domberg (#4, the ‘Doublewide’)
- Price (#99)
- Chutro (#31 on weekends)
- Dot Koranda (#7)
$ 10. each and proceeds go to the barge replacement fund. Any questions or requests contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diamond Lake Association
- Cass County
- Cass County Sheriff’s Office
- Michigan Boating Laws
- Michigan DNR
- Michigan DEQ
- Penn Township
- facebook users: there is both a Diamond Lake Michigan and a Diamond Island Michigan group on facebook – neither are affiliated with their respective associations, but both are fun!